Making good, responsible decisions increases your chances of staying safe.
We are all responsible for our own choices and actions, don’t just do something because everyone else is doing it.
Acting without thinking can have serious consequences for your safety.
A good way to stay safe is to have a plan ready. If you find yourself in a situation that you are not sure of then:
- What is happening here?
- What might happen?
- Is this safe? Or is it risky?
- Is this being responsible or not being responsible?
- What is the worst thing that could happen?
- What should I do?
- Do I want to do this?
- Who could I talk to about this?
- If you decide to say no, then stick to it.
- Get yourself right away from the situation.
- Tell an adult if what is being planned is dangerous.